I had it in my head that I was going to make a spicy lasagne for my main meal today, which we both love. I have some wrinkled peppers that need eating up and I had got some minced beef in the fridge that I had got out of the freezer. I woke up this morning remembering that I decided not to buy lasagne sheets last month as I have so much pasta in the cupboards that needs eating up. My head is set on a lasagne type meal as I want to use my salad, and I don’t fancy a bolognaise meal. I then remembered a meal I made last summer when 2 guests turned up for lunch unexpectedly. Mr S and I were going to have tacos, but there were only enough for two and so I made a kind of stacked taco, or cheats spicy lasagne which served the 4 of us. At the time I cooked it in the oven, but I would probably cook it in my air fryer now, unless I was baking. If you make your own tortillas this meal will work out a lot cheaper, and if they are not perfect no one will see them and so it is a good meal to practice making your tortillas for.
4 wraps about 8 to 10 inch (tortilla)
Ground minced beef (I had 6oz but can use more)
I onion diced
1/2 a pepper or capsicum (optional) diced (I used a bit of green and a bit of red)
Taco seasoning (I used 2 tbsp)
1 cup of salsa or more if desired
1/2 cup sour cream or 2 tbsp plain yoghurt.
11/2 cups or more of grated cheese (I always used extra mature cheddar as it has more taste and so you use less)
1. Brown the meat.
2. Add the onion and the peppers and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the taco seasoning and a splash of water, if needed, and cook another few minutes.
4. Set aside.
5. In a round oven proof dish put a wrap at the bottom.
6. Put half of the meat mixture on top and spread out evenly.
7.Place a wrap on top and press down gently.
8. Spread half the salsa evenly over the wrap.
9. Sprinkle with a third of the cheese.
10. Cover with the rest of the meat.
11. Place another wrap on top and press down and repeat.
12. Spread the final wrap with sour cream and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. I didn’t have any sour cream and so I mixed the grated cheese with yoghurt and spread on top.
13. Bake at 180⁰C for 15 to 20 mins or until the cheese is melted and the wrap is golden brown.
14. If you want to be posh you can sprinkle some chopped coriander on top. (I had some growing at the time.)