A lot of food that I make during April involves wild garlic as it adds a lovely taste to food and saves me buying onions or garlic. We use these air fryer wild garlic scones for breakfast, for light meals and they are nice with main meals like a stew. They are an easy, cheap way to fill our selves up, especially after Easter when a lot of the supermarkets sell cheap potatoes.
1 lb cooked potato
1 oz butter
2 pinches of salt
4 oz self raising flour
About 10 wild garlic leaves roughly chopped small
- Mash the potato with the butter and add a pinch of salt
- Add the flour and the salt and chopped wild garlic and fold into the mash potato
- Make into patties about a cm thick.
- Place on some greased proof paper in the air fryer or a silicone mat
- Cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown at 200C, turning half way through the cooking time.
The picture shows a breakfast we had with some left over spiced beans, but we serve these wild garlic potato scones with sausages and beans, with a fried egg on top, with bolognaise, or with spicy vegetables. You can serve them with anything that you would serve potato with. Some times I just put cream cheese on them and eat them as they are warm. I have not tried freezing them but I have batch cooked them and kept them in the fridge and then warmed them up in the air fryer on other days. They will be safe in the fridge for 3 or 4 days.